Menus and Recipes
At West View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center not only are our meals nutritionally well balanced - they are delicious. We have included a sampling from our residents menu for you to try.
Buttermilk Strawberry Shortcake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/3 cup white sugar, and salt in mixing bowl.
3. Cut in cold butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Stir in buttermilk until the flour mixture is moistened.
5. Drop 1/3 cup scoops of the dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet
6. Brush biscuits with heavy cream and sprinkle generously with turbinado sugar.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Mix together the sliced strawberries, 1/4 cup white sugar and lemon juice in a large bowl. Allow berries to rest until juices develop, about 30 minutes.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Ready In: 35 Minutes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
West View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
239 Legris Ave
West Warwick, RI 02893
Designed by The Jenn Lee Group