Menus and Recipes
At West View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center not only are our meals nutritionally well balanced - they are delicious. We have included a sampling from our residents menu for you to try.
Creamy Pasta Salad
Light ranch dressing and veggies make this pasta salad a healthy family hit.
- 8 ounce(s) ditalini pasta
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 4 ounce(s) green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Raw kernels from 2 ears of corn
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) fennel fronds, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Light Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- Heat covered 3-quart saucepan of salted water to boiling on high. Add ditalini pasta and cook 6 minutes. To same saucepot, add carrot and green beans.
- Cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Drain pasta and vegetables into large colander and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
- Transfer pasta and vegetables to large bowl. Add raw kernels, fennel bulb, fennel fronds, red pepper, flat-leaf parsley leaves, Light Ranch Dressing, sugar, salt, black pepper; stir until well combined.
West View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
239 Legris Ave
West Warwick, RI 02893
Designed by The Jenn Lee Group